Monday, July 30, 2012

Spiritual Birthday

This weekend Brent and Michael floated the lower Buffalo River.  It was M's first two day float trip, and he absolutely had a blast.  We were nervous about how he might do being in a canoe for so long two days in a row, but he loved it.  B made sure they did plenty of fishing and swimming along the way!  It is probably too much info for most, but in case there are any Buffalo River enthusiasts out there....they floated Harriet to Rush, and camped near Buffalo Point.  Earlier this year B floated Gilbert to North Maumee and said it was much prettier on that part of the river than the part they floated this weekend.  He also said there were lots more fish on Gilbert to North Maumee stretch. 

I asked for pictures, and this is what I got.  I guess I should be happy he took any at all!


This is M "tuelaxing" in the water with his root beer.
I know I shouldn't, but I love that he still mixes a
couple letters up once in awhile!!

Friday night at the campsite the boys spent some time talking about Jesus, why he died on the cross, and what that means for us.  M has shown an interest in being saved for a long time, but he finally prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart on Friday night!  July 28, 2012 will go down in the Farrer Family record books as M's Spirtual Birthday!

He was excited to go down Sunday to make his profession of faith, and ask to be Baptized!  Walking down the aisle I tried to hold his hand, but he only wanted to hold his dad's hand.  :)  This made me a little sad, but at the same time I am thankful for the special bond he shares with his dad.  I am so grateful for a husband who is involved in his childrens lives, and cares about their spiritual as well as their physical well being. 

Here are a couple pics of the boys after church on Sunday.  E went home with Pawpaw and Meemaw so she was MIA.



 


Talk to ya soon,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. This Is by far the most important decision he will ever make! We are so blessed!! MeMaw

    ReplyDelete