Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Belated 4th of July!!

We had a very laid back July 4th around here.  Our church and community both put on large fireworks displays, but my kids are at a stage where they are not big fans of fireworks (or anything loud)...so we stayed away from the shows.  On the actual 4th we did go over to my SIL's house and watch a nearby church's firework show from her back yard.  We had a good time, and of course got to spend time with our family.  Oh yes, and baby Jonah resides at my SIL's house so we wouldn't miss a chance to see his sweet face! 
Ellie & Jonah with their matching plaid!

Ellie and WeeWee (my SIL Leah)

Meemaw, Pawpaw, and the kiddos
A peek at how the kids reacted to when the firework show began.  Keep in mind we were in a backyard far away from where the launching site was!!  I told my brother the other day that if we were not going to be fans of something I was ok with it being fireworks!  haha.
Rhett was just not having it!


Michael did stay outside, but covered his ears
the entire time. This is actually a big improvement
for him.  We are making progress! 

Ellie had Meemaw take her straight inside when the show started!
Just for fun I thought I would post some pics of the taters last year at 4th of July.  They have changed so much!!  Rhett was around 2 weeks old.  Oh how time flies!


I posted this on my facebook, but want to put it on here so I can remember it.  On the 4th I spent some time talking with Michael about what Independence Day is about, and the history of our nation etc.  Later that night I asked him if he remembered what the 4th of July was all about, and he answered "redcoats died and we started making the rules!"  I guess that's it in a nutshell!  :)

We are so thankful to live in the United States, and grateful to the men and women whose sacrifices make our freedom possible.  God Bless the USA!! 


Talk to ya soon,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment