Friday, November 23, 2012

My Big Loud Southern Family

 We had our annual Thanksgiving feast at Brent's parents house yesterday.  Since both of our families live here we all get together over there each year.  My MIL is also one of those hostess with the mostess types so we all like to benefit from her talents whenever possible.  I LOVE times like this when we all get to be together as a BIG family.  My SIL always jokes that we remind her of the family from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  Except we aren't Greek we are just loud and southern!  :) 

I shared yesterday about what I made to take to dinner.  Luckily for B and the taters the rest of the family knows how to throw down in the kitchen!  Here is a little taste of what everyone else brought. 
My momma is the pie master of the family! 
A portion of the spread
Before dinner we had a little program and told the story of the first Thanksgiving.  Then we read the 112, 113, and 114 Psalms.  We go around the room every year and all tell something we are thankful for.  It's a big warm fuzzy fest and makes me so glad to be a part of our family.  This year my nephew was thankful for Jesus dying on the cross.  Ellie Rose was thankful for her baby dolls.  Oy!  Next year we will probably have to "rehearse" with the taters a bit for Thanksgiving circle time.  Haha.

After dinner we all relax, recline, read black Friday ads and talk about what the best deals are.  Even though we full well know that none of us are going to get up early to go to the sales.  We are after all loud, southern, non-morning people!  Yesterday the weather here was super nice so we were able to play outside.  Thankful I live in a place where this is possible even in late November.  Our family doesn't really do the cold weather thing very well.  From December to February we can all usually be found inside, near the fire, under lots of blankets! 

AND here comes the photo dump.  I accidentally deleted some pics from my camera so my apologies to anyone who I took a pic of but didn't post.  Chances are I still love you, but just lost your photo due to technical difficulties this evening.

Papa Frank and the turkey
Ali, Ashleigh, Roger, and Jonah.  Jonah's first Thanksgiving.
 
 
The hubs...he LOVES for me to take his picture :)

Papa Bill with Brey and Ellie

Sweet cousins eating dinner together
 
My pretty momma with the taters

You gotta watch my dad he's a big fan of "candid" photos


Circle Time.  The taters with Ms.Karel and Blake

My Uncle Greg and his girlfriend Arlena
Even Sparky got to join in the fun!
Play time
Funny kiddos
SIL Leah and Blake.  He was getting ready to go in to work at Wal-Mart
for the early Black Friday sales.  Boo.


Sista'ly love!
This is what the Erob gets for not being ready at all times for a sibling pic!


Hope y'all had a great day, made lots of sweet memories, and ate a bit more than you should have.  Last year one of the things I was thankful for was fitting into size six skinny jeans again.  This year I wore elastic waste pants to dinner.  I think that says a lot about how much I may or may not have eaten!
 
Happy Thanksgiving from my Big Loud Southern Non-Morning Lovin' Cold Weather Loathin' Family!!!
 
Talk to ya soon,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. AHH, I love your blog!!! It looks cute! That food looks so good!!! I have been trying to comment like crazy but cant because of that thing you have to enter in before posting!

    ReplyDelete