Monday, November 26, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.  Actually, it began looking like Christmas over a week ago.  We put all of our lights and decorations up before Thanksgiving this year.  A little early, but it worked with B's schedule and allowed us to have a long relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.  The kids are really having fun with Christmas...they are excited about all the decorations!

Here we ALL are getting the tree out to decorate.  This took an entire evening.  Lots of little helpers make things go a wee bit slower.
 
Helping me test the lights.
Finished Product!
 We usually have a very neutral tree and decor, but to make things more fun for the taters this year I TRIED to make things a little brighter.  Added some colored balls to the tree and fun decorations for the mantel.  I say that and then when I look at the pics below everything looks really neutral.  I admit I might need some professional help to break me of my neutral habit.  :)


I made this JOY snowflake banner...shout out to MYSELF!
Whoa look at all that color...haha
The kids helped B with the outside lights this year which was fun for them.  My friend Amanda had a good idea about wrapping some big boxes to make a cute display by the front door, and I re-worked the Christmas wreath we already had to try and brighten it up.  The wreath turned out a little crazy, but I am leaving it as is.  I am too lazy and too cheap to keep messing with it!



I tried to toss the pumpkins, but they begged to stay
a little longer!  I am thinking about painting them.
BAM!  lol
Christmas music, Christmas movies, and Christmas cookies were in full effect around here this weekend!  Hope your season is off to a great start!
Talk to ya soon,
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment