Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

I don't think I've ever mentioned it but B has a knack for finding really cool out of the way places to visit in the Ozarks.  He likes to get off the beaten path, and usually we all get to benefit from it.  IE: This little cabin in the woods is where we spent our weekend.
 Isn't it adorable?  It is at the very end of a LONG dirt road.  Seriously the road ends, you go across a low water bridge, and there is the cabin.  Very cool.  B's parents watch baby R so we got a little break and got to spend some one on one time with the older taters.  Thank you Peepaw and Meemaw!  I slept through the night for what feels like the first time in about three years, and B even let me sleep late one morning.♥♥  SLEEP is a love language for both of us...him due to work hours and me because of running after the kids. 

There were two and half miles of creek running along the cabin property so we spent a good part of the day Saturday just exploring and fishing.  The boys camp and fish all the time, but E is almost never included she was super excited to be part of the action on this trip.



 


 
We cooked at the cabin each night and B built big fires.  Maybe a little too big at times!  We realized this weekend we may not be wood burning fire place people.  :)  The kids made smores and we played board games.  B and M made futile attempts to beat me at the game Memory, but they were both dismally unsuccessful.  Momma don't play around when it comes to Memory.   
 
We had a really nice relaxing weekend.  I know B would love to live somewhere like this one day.  I don't think that will EVER happen, but sometimes I get romantic ideas in my head about it.  Living where the dirt road ends.  Me homeschooling the taters.  Singing Kum Ba Yah at night by the fire.  Then I pass the Sonic down the street from my house and realize I just HAVE to stop to get me a Happy Hour cherry vanilla coke (on the rocks, hold the diet).  And in that moment it is very clear to me that I am not ready for the country life.  Not having daily access to a Sonic or at least a Kum & Go with the fancy add your own flavors fountain is a deal breaker for me folks!  Sad but true. 
 
Talk to ya soon,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me so happy! I would so live next door to you and your family! We could switch off and make trips to Sonic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely tribute to grandpa--you put it into words so well.

    ReplyDelete