2) Brent surprised me today and hired a lady to come deep clean our house while I was at work. This was an absolutely lovely treat, and something I never in a million years would have expected him to do. I have never had my house professionally cleaned before (NEVER). I am absolutely beside myself at how pretty and shiny everything looks! I didn't want to touch anything, but the kids refused to sit in the foyer and twiddle their thumbs all evening so we had to mess things up just a bit. If anyone else out there has never had your house cleaned by a professional you should totally do it - soon! It is sort of life changing. I'm serious.
3) Brent is coaching a eight year old football team this season. The other night he told Michael he thought he might need a little help on the field, and asked if M might consider coming out and helping him coach. Of course M was all for it...he asked a lot of questions about what type of stuff he would need to do etc. Later that night while getting ready for bed I asked M if he was excited about helping dad coach. He replied "Yep, and it's my first paying job." I told him I thought it would be pro bono work, and he looked at me like I had two heads. He said he was sure coaches got paid.
4) Ellie Rose has become a total backseat driver...at two years old. She tells me to stop, go, slow down, and even tells cars in front of us to get out of the way! I am going to go out on a limb and say she has probably learned this from her Peepaw Frank. She rides with him a lot and I think he might have a tendency to "talk" to some of the other folks on the road while he is driving. ;)
5) We had M's first parent teacher conference this afternoon. He is doing great! His teacher thinks he may have a propensity for math. This is somewhat amazing considering I always struggled with math, and B actually failed out of a number of math classes over the years! He did inherit B's horrible penmanship though...his lowest score was in the neatness of work category. This is what Mrs. C wrote on his conference sheet "Michael is a sweet smart boy with so much personality. He really seems to enjoy school and has made new friends." Toward the beginning of the conference Brent blurts out a question that had obviously been on his mind..."Is he playing with boys or mostly girls?" LOL...I guess dads worry about different things than moms.
6) B and I will both turn thirty two next month. I know, I know...y'all thought we were
7) Has anyone seen that ad on the web that says something about a simple diet trick that will help you beat belly bulge and then it has a picture of a banana? I feel like I see it every day. I am too nervous to click on it because I fear it might contain a virus, but I am dying to know if it is indicating that bananas cause belly bulge. It is important that I find out because if there is anyway I can blame my belly bulge on my love of bananas I am absolutely going to start. I think that may get me more sympathy than only having too many Sonic cherry vanilla cokes and blue coconut cream slushes to blame it on!
Hope you're having a great week!!
Talk to ya soon,