Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Randomonium

1) My very favorite brother and SIL surprised me this week by secretly paying for my hair appointment as an early birthday present!  I'm going to assume that it was probably my SIL who came up with this brilliant idea...I am so glad she married my brother.  My roots and I thank you both for the thoughtful gift! 

2) Brent surprised me today and hired a lady to come deep clean our house while I was at work.  This was an absolutely lovely treat, and something I never in a million years would have expected him to do.  I have never had my house professionally cleaned before (NEVER).  I am absolutely beside myself at how pretty and shiny everything looks!  I didn't want to touch anything, but the kids refused to sit in the foyer and twiddle their thumbs all evening so we had to mess things up just a bit.  If anyone else out there has never had your house cleaned by a professional you should totally do it - soon!  It is sort of life changing.  I'm serious. 

3) Brent is coaching a eight year old football team this season.  The other night he told Michael he thought he might need a little help on the field, and asked if M might consider coming out and helping him coach.  Of course M was all for it...he asked a lot of questions about what type of stuff he would need to do etc.  Later that night while getting ready for bed I asked M if he was excited about helping dad coach.  He replied "Yep, and it's my first paying job."  I told him I thought it would be pro bono work, and he looked at me like I had two heads.  He said he was sure coaches got paid. 

4) Ellie Rose has become a total backseat driver...at two years old.  She tells me to stop, go, slow down, and even tells cars in front of us to get out of the way!  I am going to go out on a limb and say she has probably learned this from her Peepaw Frank.  She rides with him a lot and I think he might have a tendency to "talk" to some of the other folks on the road while he is driving.  ;)

5)  We had M's first parent teacher conference this afternoon.  He is doing great!  His teacher thinks he may have a propensity for math.  This is somewhat amazing considering I always struggled with math, and B actually failed out of a number of math classes over the years!  He did inherit B's horrible penmanship though...his lowest score was in the neatness of work category.  This is what Mrs. C wrote on his conference sheet "Michael is a sweet smart boy with so much personality.  He really seems to enjoy school and has made new friends."  Toward the beginning of the conference Brent blurts out a question that had obviously been on his mind..."Is he playing with boys or mostly girls?"  LOL...I guess dads worry about different things than moms.

6) B and I will both turn thirty two next month.  I know, I know...y'all thought we were a little sooo much younger.  :)  But it's true...the big 32 is right around the corner for both of us.  I like that our birthdays are close together so we are almost always the same age.  I can't think about being "in my thirties" for too long or it starts to freak me out a little.  I feel like I should be doing something really mature and influential.  I realize I've wasted too many hours cleaning my house when there were people out there to clean it for me and free me up to do something that makes a difference (see point #2 above - LIFE CHANGING I tell ya).  Just kidding...sort of.   :)

7) Has anyone seen that ad on the web that says something about a simple diet trick that will help you beat belly bulge and then it has a picture of a banana?  I feel like I see it every day.  I am too nervous to click on it because I fear it might contain a virus, but I am dying to know if it is indicating that bananas cause belly bulge.  It is important that I find out because if there is anyway I can blame my belly bulge on my love of bananas I am absolutely going to start.  I think that may get me more sympathy than only having too many Sonic cherry vanilla cokes and blue coconut cream slushes to blame it on!

Hope you're having a great week!!

Talk to ya soon,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. i blame my bulge on babies, cokes, and cookies! Maybe the banana would make me a little leaner???

    ReplyDelete