Sunday, April 7, 2013

Our Easter

I am little late posting but we had a great fun filled Easter Weekend.  As with most holidays both sides of our family got together at B's parents for food and festivities.  I am sure you're thinking wow these people seriously cannot get enough of each other.  The truth is we sorta can't!  Or at least no one wants to be the first to say it.  ;)

On Good Friday evening we went to church with my parents and heard Joe White, the president of Kanakuk Kamps, speak.  He was awesome.  They didn't have child care so we took the tyrant tater with us and he was shockingly well behaved. 

Saturday evening we went to our church's Easter service.  They had child care but E asked to go with us.  We let her, and she was shockingly NOT well behaved.  I had to take her out, and then she threw a crying fit to go back in.  Looks like she'll be enjoying her kids church classroom exclusively for the unforeseen future.

Saturday night in lieu of dyeing eggs the taters and I baked our first ever bunny cake.  They had so much fun and it turned out really cute.  Of course, my SIL had to bring a bunny cake to the party too.  Hers looked fluffy and yummy which led me to have to defend our cake as "just for looks" all afternoon.  Heehee.  I also made my speciality, green bean casserole, for our dinner.  My BIL noted that I had been rocking that casserole for at least ten years.  I let him know that I plan to rock it for decades to come! 
Easter Sunday the taters and I went to service at our church again because I was helping in the nursery.  B slept so he could go to his parents with us that afternoon.  We were so glad he was able to spend the day with us!  This is our obligatory family Easter pic.  The tyrant tater is in this mood more often than not lately.  One of his MDO teachers told me he'd had a rough day a week or so ago, and I told her it seemed to me like he'd had a rough two years! 
 A few pics of the taters in their Easter clothes.  My mom bought E this beautiful dress and she mostly just wanted to get out of it all morning.  M and R had matching seersucker pants.  I LOVE seersucker.
 We ate dinner, did Resurrection eggs, hid eggs, hunted eggs, hid eggs, hunted eggs, took naps, ate leftovers, hid eggs, and hunted eggs for the rest of the afternoon.  Did I mention hiding eggs?  :)  
 
Talk to ya soon,
Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment