Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Lovin' - Pants Optional

It has finally started feeling like Summer around here.  I love the hot weather and all the outdoor fun that comes with this time of the year.  We had a great weekend and it felt like the perfect way to get things kicked off.  

Thursday evening a fella was baling hay in the field behind our house.  The taters and I climbed up in their play set to watch.  They loved getting to see the baler in action.  One of the interesting things about NWA is you can be in your neighborhood yard and right behind your house folks will be baling hay and raising cows.
Friday morning we had our friend Jessica and her sweet girls over to play.  The photo below is her oldest, but she also has an itty bitty baby girl who I got to love on a bit!  The taters has a blast showing Miss Z their backyard domain.
Later that afternoon I was playing outside with the taters, well maybe it was more like relaxing outside while the taters played...actually it doesn't matter.  Point is I was in my privacy fenced back yard with  no houses behind me when I  realized I was wearing leggings so my ole white limbs weren't getting any sun.  If you've seen my legs you know it would be a terrible injustice for me to deny them even the slightest ray of sun, but I was too lazy to run inside and change.  The sun will do that do a momma.  So...I just slid the leggings off and made myself comfy in my tunic and undies for a bit!  Act shocked if you must, but this is basically the same outfit I see most teenage girls wearing in public nowadays.  I think I'm basically right on trend for Summer 2013.  :)

Friday night M had his last baseball game of the season.  It was one of the best games he has played so I was happy for him to end on a good note.  I didn't get a pic, but this was him and his good friend L at one of their games earlier this season.  Love these boys!
Saturday we met my mom and sista at the square and did a quick tour of the new 21C Museum.  I think I may have been the only person in town who had not been in to check it out yet.  I am no art connoisseur.  There were things I thought were really interesting and things I thought were really weird.  It was definitely fun to look around.  We all loved the room with the projector screen and the huge furry pouf to lay on.
After lunch we headed to the splash park for the first time this year.  Last year TT was not into it at all.  This year he loves it!  M practiced planking quite a bit while we were there.  Boys!  This little collage is brought to you by the photo app on my new phone.  You're welcome.
B worked extra shifts all last week for Wal-Mart shareholders events so we were all excited to have him home Saturday night. We went to eat at McAlister's.  M was really disappointed to see a big commercial building being constructed in the field beside the patio.  We used to let the kids run around in the field when they were done eating.  Yes, we are those people.  Anyway, he had a real They paved paradise And put up a parking lot moment right there on the patio.  Poor guy.  Ellie's face in this photo pretty much sums up the way we all felt to have B with us Saturday evening.  B's "little eye" is pretty obvious in the picture!
Sunday we went to church and ate dinner with B's family.  Then we farmed the taters out to the grandparents so we could go on a little date.  ♥♥♥  M and E went to my parents and TT stayed at the Farrer's.  We did a little shopping and saw The Great Gatsby.  It wasn't at all what I thought it would be, but it was fun to be out with my love. 



Hope you've had a bright beginning to your Summer.  M's kindergarten graduation is tomorrow...eek!

Talk to ya soon,
Angie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment