Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun Weekend

We had a fun and busy weekend around here.  Our niece Ashleigh helped us to kick things off in grand fashion by bringing our great-nephew Jonah into the world at 3:30am on Friday.  She did a wonderful job and he is a beautiful baby (photographic evidence below).  Ellie is quite taken with him.  We have spent a lot of time the past few days lovin' on this little guy.

Brent had planned to take M camping this weekend, but ended up having TONS of homework.  So we opted for a good ole backyard campout for the big kids instead.  They had a blast.  We setup the kiddie pool, the firepit, and their little tent.  We made sure they ate way too many smores and stayed up into the wee hours of the night annoying our neighbors!  Ellie didn't want to sleep overnight in the tent, but M did so I toughed it out and slept in there with him.  Let's just day I was barely able to get get myself out of it the next morning!  Ouch.  I remember now one of the reasons I am not a fan of camping. 



Saturday morning Michael took Brent to play 9 holes at Branchwood.  M just turned six and in Bella Vista you aren't allowed on the courses until you're six so this was his first time to go.  He has had his clubs for a long time and was super excited.  Brent said he did a great job.  Michael told me his favorite part was the ball cleaners at each hole, and he said he thought it was mean for them to have a pond that you couldn't get your ball back out of!


 Saturday evening we just hung around the house, and I snuck over to see Baby J after I put my baby Rhett to bed!  Sunday we spent time with Brent's family.  His mom always make a HUGE lunch after church and we all go over there to eat, laugh, argue, and then laugh some more!  I will have to post pics of our Sunday dinner and crowd one day because it is really impressive.  A big shout out to my MIL, Norma, who makes it all possible!  We are so blessed to have most of our family here near us.  We have close relationships with all of them, and get to spend alot of time together! 

Talk to ya soon,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Great looking blog, Angie! Looks like you had fun this weekend! I once spent the night in a tent when I was 7 months pregnant. NOT the best camping experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah twice stayed in a tent and it got blown away one 4th of July!! Remember that? I like the idea of tenting in the backyard so I have safe shelter very close!!

    ReplyDelete