Monday, July 1, 2013

My 5 Favorite Running Songs

Just kidding folks.  If you clicked on this link and seriously thought this was going to be a post about songs I listen to while running then there are a couple of things you should know about me.  1)  I don't run.  I occasionally like to think about running, and even purchase clothing I can see myself running in.  However, the actual running never comes to fruition.  2)  I don't listen to music.  Really, I don't.  I don't have an iPod.  I don't have a Spotify, Pandora, or iTunes account.  I am just not a music person.  I know it's hard to comprehend.  B still struggles with it from time to time.  Now that we've cleared those things up I will ramble on (in my normal fashion) for awhile about what we did this weekend.

Friday morning we met some friends at the splash pad down town.  We've been there a lot this Summer.  I ran into so many people while we were there.  Some who I hadn't seen in a long time.  I am going to have to start hanging out there more often.  More bro and SIL were eating lunch at the taco cart across the street so we got to say hi to them too.
M did a Trike Theatre camp all last week, and they put on a play for the parents on Friday afternoon.  They performed Paul Bunyan.  It was so fun and M had a blast.  Nanny, Ali, and Meemaw all came to watch.
Friday night we hung out at home and had some fun in the sprinkler.  Also something we have been doing a lot of this Summer.  I think our water bill is going to be outrageous.  The kids can and do turn the water spigot on themselves, but they aren't the best at remembering to turn it off.  :/  Oh well, I'm sure someday I'll wish there were kids around to run up my water bill.  Ok, maybe not.  I sort of see myself as a GET OFF MY LAWN type of older person.  Hehe. 
I love this pic! 
Saturday the taters and I went to watch our friend L's baseball game.  He is on one of the Bentonville all-star teams.  When I told M that L was on the all-star team he asked if we could go watch one of his games.  Then he proceeded to ask me what an all-star team was and if I could sign him up for one.  This boy has not one competitive bone in his sweet little body.  We washed the car on the way home, and I took the pic below while we were in the wash.  My babies hate the car wash!  They will only tolerate it if I give them a big blanket to put over their heads.  Ha.  I promise I try to wash the car when they aren't with me, but they are with me most of the time.  Sometimes it just has to happen! 
Saturday evening we went to my bro's house for a cookout.  He is the bestest cook.  If Erob ever invites you for dinner make sure to accept the invitation.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  And my SIL can boil a mean corn on the cob.  Seriously, she has a very specific secret method that works every time.  ;)
Sunday B came to his parents house to have lunch with us, which is rare.  We like having him around on Sunday afternoons.  He just bid for next years schedule and he will finally be off on Sundays.  Woohoo!  September can't get here soon enough.  The littler taters spent some time running around outside and playing in the water after lunch.  Water seems to be a major theme for us this Summer.


B went to work early Sunday evening, M stayed with the grandparents, and R napped.  E and I spent some quality time reading, watching Franny's Feet (my new fav kids show), and taking selfie pics.  This girl is so fun.  :) 


After nap time the little taters helped me pickup the 4000 count BB's M had spilled in the fort earlier this week.  Note to self...enlisting a two and a three year old to help you pickup BB's and put them in a small container is not a smart move.  We spilled them twice while we were picking up and basically had to start over both times.  But look at these smiles...they were happy to be helping. 
M decided to stay and go to the fireworks at church with Meemaw and Papaw.  He told me when he got home that he actually really liked them this year and that he even took his ear muffs off once.  After baths we heard some folks in the neighborhood shooting fireworks so R, E, and I climbed up in the fort and watched for awhile.  They also seemed to like them, and were not scared at all.  I think we may have turned over a new page with the fireworks this year folks.  We are all going to a show on Wednesday night so we'll see what happens. 
 Looking forward to a short week!!
 
Talk to ya soon,
Angie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment